Week 1 of ‘Payments Analytics Month’ illustrates a selection of vital data-points from AIM. The AIM platform contains real data on approximately 50% of credit card-accepting merchants in the U.S. (3.7M merchants) including price, profitability, attrition, and growth metrics across thousands of dimensions. It is the big data solution for payments companies.
Click the links below for illustrations and additional data points
- SMB Merchant Volume
- Among SMB merchants (less than $5M in volume) the average sized merchant has gone from $192,000 card volume (debit/credit) in 2015 to $220,000 in 2018.
- Average Life – Credit Card Processing
- For credit card processing relationships, healthcare merchants stay with their provider the longest at 48 months. Conversely, Eating and Drinking merchants are near the bottom of the pack, staying with their provider for 31 months.
- Account Size
- B2B merchants are large ($537,000 in annual volume) and growing fast (8.1% year-over-year). This is driven by the opportunity and execution of converting payments typically made via ACH or check to card.
- eCommerce vs Non-eCommerce Chargebacks
- On average, for non-Ecommerce merchants, 3 basis points of transactions are charged-back compared to 9 basis points for eCommerce-only merchants.
AIM is a unique analytics platform that enables subscribers to complete micro-segmentations of a merchant portfolio and macro analyses of the payments industry.The platform utilizes standardized AIM metric calculations providing “apples-to-apples” comparability between portfolio and industry benchmark metrics in an anonymized and aggregated fashion. Contact TSG to setup an AIM demo.