- $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
- 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%).
- 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores, 1% back on other purchases.
- Low intro APR: 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate, currently 14.74% to 25.74%.
- Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
Disclaimer: Any editorial content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through the American Express Affiliate Program.
Author: Lindsay Konsko
Overall, the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express is a good choice for people who do most of their spending at U.S. supermarkets, U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores. In fact, we recommend it for families, foodies and fashionistas who want great rewards, all while paying an annual fee of $0. Just keep in mind that there's another version of this card, the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express. It earns a higher rewards rate and currently has an annual fee of $95. If you're spending more than $61 per week at the supermarket, it's probably a better option than the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express because the higher rewards rates make up for the annual fee.
See our full review of the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express for more details.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.